Graduate Data Scientist
Job no: 498503
Work type: 38 HOUR WK - ROSTERED
Location: SUNSHINE COAST
From Day One, Youi has set out to do things differently. We don’t want to be an old, stuffy insurance company. We believe in a more human approach, based on awesome customer service and products that can help our customers save.
Ten years on, we’ve assembled an incredible team, work in a state-of-the-art building, and have won a stack of awards for our internal culture.
So for a career that lets you be you, and rewards you well for your hard work, Think Youi.
Our Actuarial Department is where the analysis and reporting takes place. The role of a Graduate Data Scientist means that you will be integral in assisting the business to reduce costs, build efficiencies and apply best practices in analytics delivery. You will add value to the company by applying predictive analytics and data science principles to important business problems to create value, reduce costs and build efficiencies, all the while gaining an abundance of knowledge from like-minded people within the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of data used for analysis
- Developing, enhancing, and maintaining a range of statistical/machine learning models to monitor performance, understand behaviour and optimise business outcomes
- Use models to assess the impact of process changes on the company bottom-line
- Deploy and monitor models as appropriate
- Analytics deep dives
- Research and apply data science techniques to non-standard problems
What You Need to Succeed
- Degree with a strong quantitative focus such as: statistics, mathematics, physics, actuarial or economics
- High mathematical aptitude
- Experience with SQL Server
- Programming experience in a language such as R or Python (desirable)
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Tableau or Power BI (desirable)
- Knowledge of predictive modelling workflow (desirable)
- High levels of curiosity which drives you to dive in to the data and obtain insights that others miss
- Continuous desire to improve their knowledge, skills and competencies
What Youi Can Offer You?
- State of the art facilities, coupled with a modern, picturesque building in the sought after Sunshine Coast
- Support for further studies relevant to the role
- A great team environment
- Employees benefits programme offering discounts and special deals with local providers
- Career progression opportunities
- Ability to be a part of a dynamic organisation with continued growth projections
Actuarial roles on the beautiful Sunshine Coast do not come up often! Don’t miss this opportunity to join a fast moving, innovative Actuarial Team - APPLY NOW!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now