Job no: 499134
Work type: 38 HOUR WK - NOT ROSTERED
Location: SUNSHINE COAST
Categories: Risk, Legal & Compliance
Insurance for Individuals
Since Youi emerged in Australia in 2008 we have built a strong brand through awesome customer service, tailoring products to individuals and challenging the insurance industry to do better by the customer. Not only is our brand recognisable, but our service is genuine and we have the customer satisfaction accolades to prove it. What makes us unique are the people we employ and the people we insure. We take the time to listen to our customers, to ensure we offer them the right insurance, as well as being there for them in their hour of need; whether that’s when they make a claim or offering premium relief during a global pandemic, passing on our savings direct to our customer’s pockets.
About the Role
Our Compliance team are instrumental to Youi doing the right thing by our customers, as well as supporting Youi’s growth as we enter into a new chapter of business maturity. The Compliance Manager vacancy is a dedicated senior manager position focused on providing 2nd line compliance advice and support to the business to ensure Youi meets all regulatory and compliance obligations and continues to remain a challenger brand within Australia.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing accurate and timely specialist compliance SME advice and support to the business in relation to the relevant obligations, policies and standards that apply and their implementation
- Be aware of and help the business understand emerging regulatory developments and change, including their anticipated impact(s).
- Designing, maintaining, reviewing and updating policies and standards
- Working with the Learning & Development team to design appropriate compliance training and communication materials by providing specialist SME input into the content
- Develop and facilitate ad-hoc workshops, lunch and learn sessions in relation to emerging issues, incidents or trends identified through enquiries, incidents, assurance activities etc.
- Supporting the compliance assessments of incidents and escalating material matters
- Supporting the design of appropriate compliance monitoring and assurance activities.
This position will ideally be based at our beautiful Sunshine Coast head office, however there is flexibility to work from our Brisbane office, or remote work opportunities may also be considered (i.e Interstate).
Skills & Experience
To support Youi’s ongoing challenger growth, this position is most suited to a seasoned compliance professional with experience across financial services, with a track record in providing sound compliance solutions and advice that supports business leaders. Our ideal candidate will possess strong communication, relationship management, engagement and time management skills in order to have impact and influence, as well as navigate the complexities of a new regulatory environment, with the many changes happening in the financial services sector. Professional qualifications in legal, business, compliance or risk disciplines are preferable, as well as significant knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements across the financial services sector.
Culture & Benefits
We are well known for our awesome, entrepreneurial culture and dynamic working environment. With Sunshine Coast location, happy customers, culture of high-performance and career progression opportunities - our people love coming to work every day!
How to Apply
If you would like to work for a dynamic, young challenger brand where you have the ability to use your skills and expertise to effect change and play a lead role, without all the bureaucracy and legacy issues that come with older organisations, we would love to hear from you. APPLY NOW submitting a resume and covering letter. We look forward to meeting you soon.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend