Regulatory Compliance Manager
Job no: 499135
Work type: 38 HOUR WK - NOT ROSTERED
Location: SUNSHINE COAST
Categories: Risk, Legal & Compliance
Insurance for Individuals
Since Youi emerged in Australia in 2008 we have built a strong brand through awesome customer service, tailoring products to individuals and challenging the insurance industry to do better by the customer. Not only is our brand recognisable, but our service and intention is genuine; Whether that’s when a customer calls in to make a claim or being the first Australian insurer to offer premium relief during a global pandemic, passing on our savings direct to our customer’s pockets.
About the role
To assist us in navigating and delivering upon the vast regulatory changes impacting financial services, we’re on the hunt for a senior compliance or legal professional that has a strong background in insurance or financial services to take on the lead role of Regulatory Compliance Manager. You’ll be part of Youi’s dedicated Regulatory Change team, comprised of legal, compliance, operations, product, L&D and IT professionals joining forces to navigate the regulatory change program of work as well as deliver upon our ongoing commitment to do the right thing by our customers.
This is a pivotal role where you will have the opportunity and autonomy to have a real impact on Youi’s success as well as fast-track your career being involved in such an important program of work.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract, including full entitlements to annual and personal leave.
Some of the main functions of this position will include:
- Undertaking impact assessments of emerging regulatory change and developments
- Working with legal to unpack the changes to compliance obligations
- Providing accurate and timely specialist compliance SME advice and support to the business in relation to the regulatory change program
- Support the business in drafting policies, providing advice on process and solution developments to meet new obligations
- Create, maintain and update a compliance advisory process, advice log and report on queries for the regulatory change program of work
- Working with the business and L&D to develop training and communication content to support the regulatory change implementation plan
- Develop and facilitate ad-hoc workshops, lunch and learn sessions in relation to providing team and business updates on regulatory change and new obligation requirements.
This position will ideally be based at our beautiful Sunshine Coast head office, however remote work opportunities may also be considered (i.e Interstate).
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Legal, Commerce, Business, Risk Management, Finance, or other related fields
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Compliance or Legal position within Financial Services (general insurance experience highly regarded)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Australian legislation and regulations
- High level of integrity and professional accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and build strong working relationships with stakeholders
Culture & Benefits
We believe that coming to work should be fun. So we pride ourselves on an awesome culture and working environment. With a smart casual dress code, multi-award-winning employee experience program, birthday and volunteer leave, stunning Sunshine Coast location and a culture of high-performance, if you’re looking for a career that mixes the serious side with a slice of fun, think Youi.
How to Apply
If you are ready to begin your career with us, please "APPLY NOW".
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend