Youi prides itself on being different. We have challenged the Australian insurance industry since our inception in 2008 and have worked hard to build a strong brand that is agile and innovative. Our unwavering commitment to our people and our dynamic work culture is the key to our success and we continue to take out the best awards for both employee and customer satisfaction.
About the Role
Youi has a number of high performing software development teams at its headquarters on the stunning Sunshine Coast, just north of Brisbane. We’re looking for an experienced and passionate UniVerse Developer to join our IT team. We pride ourselves on a fun culture, where every member of the team is driven by a dedication to continuous improvement.
This role requires a UniVerse Developer who possesses both a passion for Agile software development and proven expertise working within collaborative and high performing teams.
We’d love someone who has the breadth of experience to be able to cherry-pick from their arsenal of tools to produce the right outcome based on the needs of the team. We’re after someone who will argue like they're right and listen like they're wrong, all while striving for the best possible business outcome.
The successful candidate will:
· Design, code, test and deploy UniVerse Basic applications across multiple environments.
· Participate in design workshops and code reviews.
· Develop quality applications that are fit for purpose and designed for ongoing ease of support and maintenance.
· Constantly look for improvements in our delivery approach, challenge the status quo and champion new changes.
· Believe that every decision should be based on putting the customer first.
What we can do for you:
· Provide a highly collaborative and inclusive work environment with a group of talented professionals.
· A relaxed work environment and culture.
· The opportunity to learn from and teach other UniVerse Developers and IT professionals.
· Give you a chance to be part of our system modernisation strategy which is focussed on enabling rapid innovation at scale.
· An open organisational culture - no offices for executive group to encourage anyone and everyone to speak directly to the top.
· Flexibility to work from home.
· Experience in a Pick (Universe and/or UniData) environment in a hands-on development role.
· Have an outcome-based mindset.
· Experience in Lean & Agile development methodologies.
· Be motivated to learn new development patterns, languages and technologies.
· Ideally have experience with TDD (Test Driven Development).
· Strong attention to detail and ability to interact with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
· Demonstrated experience in working closely with multiple stakeholders and delivery teams (Business and IT)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'