Risk Analyst / Specialist
Job no: 499563
Work type: 38 HOUR WK - ROSTERED
Location: SUNSHINE COAST, BRISBANE
Categories: Risk, Legal & Compliance
Insurance for Individuals
Youi prides itself on being different. We've challenged the Australian insurance industry since our inception and have worked hard to build a strong brand that’s agile and innovative… and we’ve only just begun!
About the Role
We have kicked off a large Risk Transformation Program to uplift a variety of our core risk processes and set us up for success on our pursuit to be the Insurer of Choice. As such, we are recruiting for two Risk Analysts/Specialists to join our "second line" risk team who will partner with the business to uplift our risk management framework, improve operational efficiencies, improve governance and reporting, uphold best practice as well as assist the business to promote and drive a strong risk culture. There are various streams of work involved in the program, and you will work alongside our Head of Risk and Risk Managers in assisting with everything from framework design, to the implementation of policies, procedures and our new GRC system.
At a high level your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the identification, assessment and treatment of new or changing risks
- Guide and challenge business areas to ensure risk is appropriately managed
- Undertake activities to provide assurance that oversight of risks exist and that risk management and governance processes are effectively implemented
- Provide risk management training and monitor effectiveness of Youi’s risk culture
- Facilitate planned risk workshops with risk owners or department heads to identify, assess, categorize and rate risks taking into account effectiveness of controls
- Supporting a “risk aware" culture and “risk aware decision making”; and hence the effective management of risk, optimising the risk / return trade-off
- Respecting the three lines of assurance model, and the independent roles of each line
- Support management reporting on program deliverables
You will be a keen problem solver, with a strategic and solutions focused mindset.
You will also likely have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Risk Management, Legal, Finance or other related fields and demonstrated experience putting theory into practice
- Previous experience in a Risk or Compliance related role, preferably within ‘second line’ and/or within a general insurance or financial services environment
- Solid experience with assurance activities and internal controls requirements and implications, proactively identifying solutions to improve and refine controls where needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills combined with well developed stakeholder management experience – you won’t be afraid to challenge and have the tough conversations!
- Ability to independently solve problems and embrace change in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take on special projects as requested – we love to roll our sleeves up and work outside our scope from time to time for the betterment of Youi.
This is a pivotal role where you will have the opportunity and autonomy to have a real impact on Youi’s success, as well as fast-track your career being involved in such an important program of work. This will be a 12 to 18-month fixed term, full time contract, including full entitlements to annual and personal leave. There is also a possibility for the role to be made permanent once the program is nearing completion.
What Youi Can Offer You?
We believe that coming to work should be fun. So we pride ourselves on an awesome culture and working environment. With a smart casual dress code, multi-award-winning employee experience program, birthday and volunteer leave, stunning Sunshine Coast location and a culture of high-performance, if you’re looking for a career that mixes the serious side with a slice of fun, think Youi.
How to Apply
If you love the sound of this role and want to work amongst a team of passionate, friendly, and supportive professionals then we’d love to hear from you. Please APPLY NOW submitting your CV and covering letter outlining your motivation for the role and why you want to join the Youi team.
Our head office is based in Sippy Downs, Sunshine Coast however we also have a satelite office in Murrarie, Brisbane and support a hybrid working environment (work from home + office time). We can discuss your requests for flexibility after you have submitted an application. We can't wait to meet you!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend