Senior Actuarial Analyst
Job no: 499816
Work type: 38 HOUR WK - NOT ROSTERED
Location: SUNSHINE COAST
From Day One, Youi has set out to do things differently. We don’t want to be an old, stuffy insurance company. We believe in a more human approach, based on awesome customer service and products that can help our customers save.
Ten years on, we’ve assembled an incredible team, work in a state-of-the-art building, and have won a stack of awards for our internal culture.
So, for a career that lets you be you, and rewards you well for your hard work, Think Youi.
Our Actuarial Department is where the analysis and reporting takes place. The role of Senior Actuarial Analyst means that you will add value to the company by applying actuarial principles to support business decisions across all departments. This includes the application of analytics skills in pricing, profitability, risk selection, modelling and other analytics projects.
You will be tasked with the analysis of data relating to actuarial risk factors and the wider business. To excel in this role you will have an in depth understanding of key data sources and effectively manipulate these for analysis. You can expect to be dealing with people from right across the organisation from the CEO to Call Centre Advisors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and use statistical models to analyse and provide insights which solve core business problems
- Monitor and identify opportunities to improve portfolio performance
- Lead statistical modelling projects from data preparation, modelling outcomes, price recommendation, system implementation and documentation of the modelling process
- Feel comfortable presenting analysis to Senior Management
- Provide support to (Graduate) Actuarial Analysts
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Bachelor Degree or tertiary studies in relevant subjects
- Fully (or nearly) qualified Actuary
- Approximately 3 - 5 years’ experience in an actuarial role.
- Experience in programming languages such as SQL, SAS, R, Python and C#
- Understanding of general insurance concepts
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively within a team environment
What Youi Can Offer You?
- State of the art facilities in the sought after Sunshine Coast
- Support for further studies relevant to the role (Financial & Study Leave)
- A great team environment
- Employees benefits programme, offering discounts and special deals with local providers
- Career progression opportunities
- Ability to be a part of a dynamic organisation with continued growth projections
Actuarial roles on the beautiful Sunshine Coast do not come up often! Don’t miss this opportunity to join a fast moving, innovative Actuarial Team - APPLY NOW!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend