Data Platforms Specialist
Job no: 499935
Work type: 38 HOUR WK - NOT ROSTERED
Location: SUNSHINE COAST, BRISBANE, SYDNEY, MELBOURNE
Categories: Information Technology
About the company
Youi is built on a passion for excellence and a burning desire to be the insurer of choice. We have over 1500 staff globally and offices in 3 countries. We are famous for doing things a little differently – we are dynamic, human, honest and passionate about providing awesome service, whilst recognising our people for their efforts. These values drive our culture and success.
About the Role
Youi is currently undertaking a System Modernisation project that will pave the way forward and help the business fulfil its strategic goals and ongoing growth. The Data Platforms Specialist is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the data warehouse and analytics architecture to meet the needs of the business’s analysis and reporting needs.
- Maintain and build on existing nightly and intraday processes for populating data into the data warehouse
- Administer and maintain ETL processes for loading data from various source systems into the data warehouse
- Ensure data is available in a timely and accurate manner in the data warehouse
- Ensuring adequate governance and controls are in place so that the data is protected, but also available to the people that require it
- Working closely with ICT Support on building out a cloud data warehouse environment
- Track performance of nightly build, intraday builds, and report runtimes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology preferred, but not required.
- Azure Certifications preferred, but not required.
- Experience with the relevant Microsoft Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing tools, including:
- SQL Server
- Experience developing Azure-based solutions using Azure Data Factory, Synapse, Azure SQL and Data Lake
- Experience with Tableau preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience in design and delivery data platforms for Business Intelligence and Analytics (Data Warehouse, Data Lake), including ETL and data integration
- Experience building and designing data models for Business Intelligence consumption
- Able to demonstrate experience working closely with end-users through the development of data and reporting products
Culture & Benefits
We’re well known for having one of the best company cultures in Australia, this extends into the Data Platforms team, how we interact with each other, and with the broader business. Whether it’s chatting to our CEO in the elevator (who favours shorts and t-shirt!) or sharing your favourite camping spots with a colleague whilst waiting for your haircut or massage at The Hub at HQ, everyone is warm, friendly, and approachable and you’ll love getting to know the talented people that call Youi home. We live and breathe our Human value and embrace flexible working. We have team members who work remotely and on different schedules, designed to suit their needs with a focus on employee wellbeing. When you’re feeling your best, you’ll do your best work and that means awesome outcomes for our customers and our community.
How to Apply
If you are ready to take on an exciting role within an established, dynamic, and passionate team, please "APPLY NOW".
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend