Job no: 499246
Work type: 38 HOUR WK - ROSTERED
Location: SUNSHINE COAST
Categories: Risk, Legal & Compliance
Youi prides itself on being different. We've challenged the Australian insurance industry since our inception in 2008 and have worked hard to build a strong brand that’s agile and innovative. Our unwavering commitment to our people and our dynamic work culture is the key to our success. So for a career that lets you be you, and rewards you well for your hard work, Think Youi.
About the Role
An opportunity is now available for an experienced risk professional who has had broad exposure to the management of Strategic, Financial, Operational and/or Compliance Risk to join us and play a key role in our Risk Transformation Program. Working as part of the broader RTP program team alongside other Risk SMEs, the successful person will partner with the business to uplift our risk management framework, improve operational efficiencies, improve governance, uphold best practice as well as assist the business to promote and drive a strong risk culture. There are various streams of work involved in the program, and you will work alongside our Head of Risk assisting with everything from strategic planning through to implementation of policies, procedures and systems.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be both strategic and “hands on”, working closely with our senior leadership team and driving the program forward through the provision of your robust risk advice and outcome delivery.
- Significant experience in Risk, Compliance, Finance or Assurance roles, preferably within a general insurance or financial services organisation
- Strong knowledge of all facets of non-financial risk management including operational risk, regulatory risk, compliance and conduct risk
- Previous exposure working on a risk transformation program would be extremely advantageous, or having exposure to designing or uplifting Risk and Compliance frameworks, Risk appetite statements and/or risk strategy documents
- Demonstrable knowledge of risk management principles and strategies
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Australian Financial Services regulatory landscape highly desirable
- Demonstrated familiarity with operational aspects of the insurance industry and/or financial sector preferred
- Adaptability, ability to work autonomously, critical thinker, problem solver and a default style to drive outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong commercial acumen, report writing and presentation skills
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline preferred (i.e. legal, compliance, risk or business)
This is a pivotal role where you will have the opportunity and autonomy to have a real impact on Youi’s success as well as fast-track your career being involved in such an important program of work. This will be an 18-month fixed term, full time contract, including full entitlements to annual and personal leave.
Culture & Benefits
We are well known for our awesome culture and working environment and award-winning employee experience programs. Combine that with smart casual dress code, Sunshine Coast location, career progression opportunities and onsite cafes, it’s no wonder why our people love coming to work every day!
How to Apply
If you wish to be part of a highly motivated team focused on outcomes, please "APPLY NOW".
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend