Chief Information Officer
Job no: 499994
Work type: 38 HOUR WK - NOT ROSTERED
Location: SUNSHINE COAST
Categories: Information Technology
Since Youi emerged in Australia in 2008 we have built a strong brand through awesome customer service, tailoring products to individuals and challenging our competitors to do better. We value both our people and technology, and our IT department of more than 150 passionate Youiers is testament to us taking our tech and business growth seriously. With over 1,700 employees, and gross written premium exceeding $1billion, we have ambitious goals to keep growing and continue delivering awesome insurance solutions across new products and distribution channels, backed by industry leading customer experience.
We’re on the hunt for a new Chief Information Officer to lead the transformation of our IT function to support the strong growth at Youi to achieve our Vision. We require an outstanding leader for our passionate and skilled team of over 150 local and remotely based IT professionals. The successful candidate will be a critical member of our executive leadership team focused on sustainable, long-term technology growth as well as improving our customer experience and building strong external partnerships.
- Shape the technology strategy to deliver business value and strategic benefits
- Develop and drive plans and projects that deliver on the enterprise's strategy including vision, leadership and governance of the ICT strategy and architecture, ensuring alignment with wider business strategy
- Monitor changes in the technology sector to discover ways Youi can innovate and improve
- Lead the implementation of the company’s digital strategy and system modernisation transformation
- Plan the implementation of new systems in line with the cadence of business needs
- Partner with the business and provide guidance on system implementations and roadmaps
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organisation to ensure optimal performance
- Develop IT policies, procedures, and best practice
- Technology risk management and mitigation
- Lead, develop and mentor a high performing senior leadership team comprised of five Heads of Department, supporting a broader team of 150+ IT employees
- Drive an innovation and solutions focused culture in IT, setting clear expectations for providing exceptional IT support with a continuous focus on delivering outcomes
Being strategic minded and having strong leadership capabilities is by far the most important attributes. Close second is a deep understanding of managing a business focusing particularly on Development, Infrastructure, Security & Governance, and Architecture functions. The ability to build strong internal relationships that will foster beneficial partnership relationships across the business closes out the capability set.
The successful CIO will possess the following competencies and qualifications:
- Strategic operator with a proven record of achieving great results due to a robust understanding of the overall business and ability to execute effectively on strategic plans;
- A proactive contributor to the executive team through collaboration across all aspects of the business and ultimately driving business success;
- An inspirational leader that thrives on driving performance results in large teams through strong team engagement and people leadership;
- An experienced coach/ mentor who has successfully managed senior leaders at various stages in their development in a variety of business units and specialties;
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, Business or a related discipline accompanied by relevant industry qualifications preferred;
- Extensive experience in large-scale ICT environments and experience in leading the Office of the CIO or a technology performance function focused on designing and leading performance metrics, change and communication practices; experience in leading development teams
- Strong financial literacy and the ability to interpret and manage financial information and multiple business unit P&L’s;
- Detailed knowledge of operating within highly regulated industries (financial services or insurance highly beneficial);
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
If you would like to work for a dynamic, young challenger brand where you have the ability to use your skills and expertise to effect change and play a leading role in delivering on Youi’s strategy, we would love to hear from you. Apply now submitting a Resume and Covering Letter. For confidential queries, reach out to Daniel Simpson (+61 419 556 387).
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now