Senior Legal Counsel (Regulatory)
Job no: 500935PERM
Work type: 38 HOUR WK - NOT ROSTERED
Location: SUNSHINE COAST, BRISBANE
Categories: Risk, Legal & Compliance
Senior Legal Counsel (Regulatory)
At Youi, we don't believe in conforming to the status quo. We're not your typical insurance company – and that goes for our approach to both selling insurance and hiring our team. With over 1,800 employees, we have ambitious goals to keep growing and continue delivering awesome insurance solutions across new products and distribution channels.
We pride ourselves on our diversity and individuality, both among our employees and the customers we serve. We believe that it is the unique combination of skills, perspectives, and experiences of our people that makes us truly stand out. Our company values reflect this - we are a dynamic, human-focused, honest, and passionate team who is dedicated to providing awesome service to our customers.
We recognise and value the contributions of each team member to our culture and success. At Youi, we're not afraid to be different, and we're looking for people who share our values and want to be part of a team that is making a difference in the insurance industry.
If you want a career that lets you, be you, and rewards you for your contribution, Think Youi.
Join Youi's distinguished in-house legal team as a Senior Legal Counsel and play a pivotal role in a permanent position. Reporting directly to the Head of Legal, you will be responsible for offering timely and business-oriented legal guidance to safeguard Youi's reputation and commercial interests.
At Youi, the legal team's core mission is to grasp the company's critical pressures, strategies, and objectives. Your role involves effectively communicating legal risks and considerations to enable informed business decisions.
Your ability to share your legal knowledge will play a pivotal role in bolstering the team's intellectual assets.
Our ideal candidate possesses the confidence to handle significant legal matters independently and knows when to escalate issues when necessary. We promote an open approach to exploring new areas of work and skill development.
We welcome candidates from both the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane, as well as those considering relocation. Our adaptable work schedule grants you the opportunity to work from either of these locations on Tuesdays through Thursdays.
- Provide legal advice to the organisation, addressing a variety of complex commercial issues, including advice on distribution, product wordings, Chapter 7 of the Corporations Act, the Insurance Contracts Act, and the General Insurance Code of Practice.
- Deliver proactive legal advice to ensure early identification and management of issues.
- Safeguard Youi's assets and reputation.
- Maintain the organisation's awareness of legislative changes, especially those related to financial services or other laws directly impacting our business and the broader insurance industry.
You will need to have:
- An LL. B and GDipLegalPrac (or equivalent) and a current Practicing Certificate.
- 8+ years of PAE, either in-house or through private practice.
- An excellent understanding of financial services and corporate law.
- A strong grasp of APRA standards, the Australian Financial Services regulatory frameworks and General Insurance Code of Practice.
- A high level of integrity and professional accountability.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills.
- A natural aptitude for building strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- A proactive and innovative mindset that motivates you to enhance the Legal Team's efficiency, whether through legal technology or process improvements.
- A growth-oriented perspective, adaptability, and enthusiasm, which will make you an invaluable addition to our team.
- Be able to contribute positively to our team's culture and foster a harmonious environment at Youi.
We would love the opportunity to get to know you better, but we know it works both ways. Get to know a little more about us at youi.com.au and click "APPLY NOW" to take that next step.
Youi is a part of the Circle Back Initiative, and we commit to responding to every application via our Talent Management Software.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend