IT Governance Specialist
Job no: 499331
Work type: 38 HOUR WK - NOT ROSTERED
Location: SUNSHINE COAST
Categories: Information Technology
IT Governance Specialist
- Join an Iconic Australian Challenger Brand
- Sunshine Coast Head Office
- Great Team, Culture & Benefits
Youi prides itself on being different. We have challenged the Australian insurance industry since our inception in 2008 and have worked hard to build a strong brand that is agile and innovative. Our unwavering commitment to our people and our dynamic work culture is the key to our success and we continue to take out the best awards for both employee and customer satisfaction.
About the Role
Our IT Cyber, Governance & Cloud department is looking for an IT Governance Specialist who will support the business in the implementation Youi’s IT Governance Framework. The successful candidate will play a key role in activities relating to IT process governance, performance measurement and reporting, control implementation and first line activities related to technology standards and regulations.
Reporting to the IT Governance Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Perform first line assurance control’s testing to increase oversight and improve effectiveness of key IT processes and controls.
- IT Controls Assurance – First Line of Defence
- Cyber Security Controls Assurance – First Line of Defence.
- Play a key part in the implementation of Youi’s IT Governance Framework
- Work in several initiatives to build and uplift IT governance process.
- Assist with the preparation of IT governance reporting.
- Assist with IT policy, creation, review, and update.
- Liaise & assist with Internal and external audit requests.
- First Line IT Risk Management
- Facilitate IT risk assessments with IT risk owners and initiative owners.
- Assist with IT risk reporting requirements.
- Monitor and triaging of Risk Incidents which relate to IT, including performing root cause analysis/impact analysis with controls and risks owners.
- IT Compliance
- Assist with monitoring compliance requirements/prepare key documentation to the regulators which relate to IT compliance.
Ideally the successful candidate will meet most of the below criteria:
- Relevant qualification from a recognised tertiary institution in a related discipline i.e., bachelor’s degree in information technology, risk management, commerce, business, finance, or other related fields.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in a role with similar responsibilities.
- A clear passion for technology and wiliness to work in several dynamic initiatives to enhance IT processes.
- Commercially minded with the ability to hit the ground running and manage relationships at all levels of a business.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and simultaneously manage a multitude of tasks, whilst working under pressure and meeting deadlines. Business and report writing and presentation skills.
- Data analytics skills and further qualifications in line with position objectives are advantageous.
- Experience in the insurance industry would be beneficial.
Culture & Benefits
- A great team environment, working with like-minded professionals and 100+ IT staff.
- Career progression opportunities and formal leadership programs.
- Award winning health and wellbeing program, including onsite massage therapist, barbershop, and fitness classes.
- Employee benefits including discounts and special deals with local providers.
- Extra Annual Leave + Birthday + Volunteer Leave.
- The opportunity to work for a dynamic, challenger brand.
- Sunshine Coast location.
- Work/life balance.
These roles on the Sunshine Coast do not come up often! Don’t miss this opportunity to join a fast moving, innovative business - APPLY NOW
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend